Friday, May 27, 2011

Sadie B's day of celebration!

   Saturday the 21st,

     The morning started something like this:
Me: "GOOD MORNING JESSEEEEEE, TODAY IS THE BABY SHOWER!"
Jesse: "Yup!"
Me: "Do you think we should get there a little early, or a little late? Did you notice it's raining? I really hope the weather clears up. Do you know what the weather's suppose to be like? Are you EXCITED!?"
Jesse: "How long have you been awake?"

     Honestly, I had been up for quite some time. Even more honestly, I had been up most of the night. Excitement overcame me, and my bladder was smaller than ever. Who was going to be there? What dress should I wear? Do we have anything chocolatey that I can go eat? So many questions kept running through my tired little head, sleep was the last thing I could concentrate on. By the time morning rolled around, I was feasting off of adrenaline and the orange juice I had been chugging. Jesse had to wake up. 

     By 8:00am, I was clean, dressed, and ready to go. I spent the next 4 hours mildly hyperventilating and wiggling my toes at speeds I thought were impossible. By the time noon rolled around we decided to run to the store and pick up my nausea medicine (I obviously was going to be in need of it), and take a quick ride around town to check out the flooding (or, if you're me, try to sneak a peak of the soon to be festivities!) After waiting far too long to pick up a prescription, and demolishing a baby turtle trying to cross the road, it was time!!!!!

     It was beautiful, beauty that could only be compared to rainbows and men doing dishes. It was everything I pictured it being and more. Family was arriving, cupcakes were being eaten, and my eyes were glued to the mountainous pile of pretty wrapped things. The day flew by, almost a complete blur. After the long wait for the event to arrive, it was over before I knew it. 

  
Sadie's grandparents are already pro's at spoiling her

My sister, the cupcake warrior

Singing Sadie's lullaby

One happy Dad to be! Love you more than free ice cream my sweet prince
(Notice the beer in his hand)

Opening presents. One buzzed Dad, and a confused lookin' Mama

Thanks to everyone who made it a day we'll never forget! We LOVE you!!
<3

2 comments:

  1. love you too stef it was a beautiful baby shower.. and everyone being together filled everyones hearts with joy and love.

    i wish i coulda stayed to hear sadies lullaby

    so proud of what you have accomplished baby girl you have made everyone so proud...

    now a new life, start to mother hood another chapter in your life...

    i have never been more proud of you stef.. from the little girl that use to pack her back pack and say " no body loves me i am running away from everyone forever" and you would just walk off around the yard hoping that someone noticed.

    love you oh so much stef!

    love missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Missy! Hope you're feeling alright, and we can get together soon <3

    ReplyDelete