Monday, June 13, 2011

I am Violet Beauregarde

This is the only way I can describe how I'm currently feeling physically. Do you think her ankles are as swollen as mine?


I am officially a full term pregnant Mama! That means, baby Sadie could arrive at any given moment. The anticipation and un-expectancy of it all is driving. me. crazy! Every little tinge of pain, or slight contraction has me sitting up all frantic like chanting them on, "go contractions, never stop!" But then the pain starts to subside, and little baby Sadie settles back into hotel del uterus. Ohhh, the calm before the storm. I wish I could just wake up, take a shower, put on my favorite maternity frock, have a good breakfast and a strong cup of decaf, and go into labor. Exactly in that order, and preferably on Sunday. You should be able to plan and agree on a labor date with your fetus. Wouldn't that just be wonderful?

Jesse and I packed our diaper bags together last night. Is it weird that cooking dinner, and packing our diaper bags felt like the best date ever!? We really got into preparing for baby yesterday. It was so stinkin' cute to watch Jesse stuff his bag full of itty bitty diapers, and the blanket he picked out all by himself! Can he please get the best Dad ever award already? Honestly.

So, the nursery is ready, our bags are packed, the car seats in the car, and now we wait. We wait, and wait, and wait some more until having to wait just one more second feels completely excruciating.

Until then, I'm off to drink hot sauce, walk for miles, drink raspberry leaf tea, and bounce up and down on our couch until baby decides she can't take it any longer and wants to escape.

3 comments:

  1. stephaine you crack me up so much... im literally laughing the way you write things its just too funny... not to sound gross or anything by all means they say that having.... you know can induce labor..... just sayin lol tryin to help ya out.... and now jumping up and down woman!!! but good luck to you.... <3 you missy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Missy, you are so comical with it all. I love reading your blogs, you are so darn sweet and cute. Your going to have the bestest little baby and you and Jesse are going to be the greatest parents ever, we love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Missy, and mystery person! <3

    ReplyDelete